Gothenburg Mixed Doubles Cup
December 28-30, 2019
Gothenburg Curling Club welcomes you to the second edition of the Gothenburg Mixed Doubles Cup!
The tournamnet is part of the Nordic Mixed Doubles Tour and the World Curling Tour.
This is what we offer:
- A high quality tournament with competitative teams from several countries.
- Excellent ice conditions.
- One the most unique curling halls in the world, located in an old shipyard next to the wharf.
- Minimun four games per team.
- Highly experienced organizing team and ice crew.
- Live broadcasting from all sessions on Youtube.
- Fast results service with live scoring from all games.
- A non-profit policy of the tournament with as much of the registration fees as possible going to prizes.
Date: 28-30 December 2019 – First games are expected to start in the morning.
Number of teams: Maximum 16 teams and minimum 8 teams. (17 or 18 teams may be considered under special circumstances)
System of play: Will depend on number of teams with four games guaranteed per team. 8 ends per game with extra end.
Venue: Gothenburg Curling Hall in Gothenburg Sweden. – Address is Valdemar Noréns gata 17, 41755, Göteborg. The closest bus stop is Pumpgatan or Regnbågsgatan.
The curling hall has four sheets of ice and a warm spectator area with a café that will serve refreshments, coffee and lighter meals during the tournament.
Accommodation: We are happy to help you finding suitable accommodation. Read more here.
Prizes: Prizes will be announced later as soon as registration closes. At least 25 % of the Teams will receive cash prizes. The tournament operates on a non-profit policy with as much of the registration fees as possible going to prizes. Contribution to the prize pot of the Nordic Mixed Doubles Tour will be made.
Registration: Deadline for registration is November 15, but as we expect the tournament to be full so register as soon as possible. Registration is done on the registration page.
Registration fee: SEK 1400 (some 135 Euro) – Please pay the registration fee, to Bankgiro 364-8441 (Swedish teams) or Handelsbanken IBAN SE36 6000 0000 0007 5711 3702 (international teams). Failure to pay registration fee before November 15 may lead to the Team losing its spot in the competition.
Questions: Anders Pettersson, President Gothenburg Curling Club, email@example.com, +46-706-29 34 67